Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sirach 48:1-4, 9-11, Psalm 80:2-3b &15-16 & 18-19, Matthew 17:9a, 10-13

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

Sirach 48:1-4, 9-11, Psalm 80:2-3b &15-16 & 18-19, Matthew 17:9a, 10-13


Sirach 48:1-4, 9-11

The Mighty and Eternal Word of God is an all consuming, purifying fire.  It has the power to raise up and cast down.

My Beloved, we are called to be Elijah and Elisha in the world today.  You need men and women who are prepared to dedicate their entire beings to be used as You will.


Psalm 80:2-3b &15-16 & 18-19

My Beloved Good Shepherd, please stay with me and lead me.  Act with power and rescue me.  Let Your Face shed its Light on me and may I glow with the radiance of Your Light and Love.  

I belong to You.  I was grafted on to You at Baptism.  Care for me and protect me from the enemy.  Lay Your hand upon me for I belong solely to You.  Strengthen me for Yourself and for Your glory.  I will cleave to You alone for my life comes from You. My power comes when I call on Your Name and You hasten to help me.

Matthew 17:9a, 10-13


My Beloved, Your Church was born and came to be over a period of time.

God first chose a people from among the nations. He then revealed Himself to them through the way that He cared for them.  He showed them through the various events that took place in history how He would save all mankind.  Every act in the sacred history of the Jews is but a forwshadow of what would eventually become relality when God sent His only Son into the world to be born of a woman.  The Son of God and the Son of Man would redeem and save all people at a terrible cost, at a price  we never can repay, because God considers every soul priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment