Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Judges 13:2-7, 24-25a, Psalm 71:3-4a, 5-6ab, 16-17, Luke 1:5:25


DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

Judges 13:2-7, 24-25a, Psalm 71:3-4a, 5-6ab, 16-17, Luke 1:5:25

Judges 13:2-7, 24-25a

Here we see God at work causing life to be where it was thought barren.  A foreshadowing of the birth of the birth of Chris and John the Baptist, the birth of Samson is also announced by an Angel of God.  This child was born for a purpose, to fulfill God’s mission I liberating His people.  The Holy Spirit is always at work in making all that God desires a reality by supplying the grace, the power and the Presence of God to accomplish His will.

Psalm 71:3-4a, 5-6ab, 16-17

The Psalmist expresses my sentiments so well my Lord

You are my help and my deliverer.  Your ear is always attuned to my cry.  You are my rock, my refuge, my safe haven, my stronghold, my security, my shelter.  You have rescued me from the fowler’s snare.  You are my hope.  I have placed all my trust in You alone from my earliest days.  You have known me in eternity and You created me in time.  Your eyes have been on me from the moment of my conception.

I live to praise You.  I lean on Your strength.  I rely on Your wisdom.  I seek Your justice.  Yours and Yours alone.  You have taught me and now I will speak of all You have done for me.  Thank You!

Luke 1:5:25

My Beloved, Zechariah and Elizabeth were upright, lived blamelessly and obeyed all God’s commands and yet their one great desire for a child was not fulfilled during all the years when they were young.  Does it mean that You had rejected them?  They were the subject to close door whisperings of their neighbors and friends.  Elizabeth was sensitive to what was said of her for being barren for she too would have believed that it was God’s judgment against them.  Yet God’s ways are not our ways.  God was going to do the incredible and the spectacular in her and through her.  Something  to make people sit up and take notice and know that God had most certainly not abandoned her.  He was going to reward her and Zechariah in a way that they could never have conceived.  God’s favor rested on her as he was about to demonstrate.

She bore the precursor to the Christ. To You my Beloved. Her son John the Baptist was chosen to prepare the way which would fill every prophecy made by God’s prophets.  We have to be childlike in our faith and belief in God’s awesome power.  Zechariah questioned and was struck dumb until he was able to see the promise fulfilled.

‘Don’t be afraid.’ Each time You say these word Beloved, You bring comfort and peace.  You always hear our prayers and You answer.

Verse 25  What is the Lord doing for me!  He is doing great, wonderful things too marvelous for words.  Thank You Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment