Monday, December 3, 2012

Acts 17:22-28, Psalm 71:1-5, 15 & 17, 2 Corinthians 4:4-15, Luke 10:1-16

FEAST OF ST. FRANCIS XAVIER

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

Acts 17:22-28, Psalm 71:1-5, 15 & 17, 2 Corinthians 4:4-15, Luke 10:1-16


Acts 17:22-28

Verse 28 
28 For in him we live and move and have our being, as some of your poets have said: for we too are his offspring

In You I live and move and have my being.  What else could I possibly desire my Beloved.  I have everything having You and there is nothing left to need or want.
 
Psalm 71:1-5, 15 & 17

Verse 15
 15 My lips will proclaim your intervention and tell of your salvation all day, little though it is what I can understand.

I will sing Your praise all day and tell of Your saving help although Beloved my understanding can scarcely grasp You infinite goodness and merciful love. I will live to love, serve, praise and tell of all that You have done.  I will glorify You with all that I am.


2 Corinthians 4:4-15

Verses 6-10
 God who said, Let the light shine out of darkness, has also made the light shine in our hearts to radiate and to make known the Glory of God, as it shines in the face of Christ.
However, we carry this treasure in vessels of clay, so that this all-surpassing power may not be seen as ours but as God’s. Trials of every sort come to us, but we are not discouraged.We are left with­out answer, but do not despair; persecuted but not abandoned, knocked down but not crushed. 10 At any moment we carry in our person the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in us.
My Beloved by ourselves we are nothing - just ordinary, empty clay jars.  But when Your Holy Spirit resides in us God's glory shines through us. You give us all the grace we need to live victoriously.  He makes it possible for us to imitate, reflect and image You in word and in deed.

Luke 10:1-16

Through the centuries You send those You call to go out into the world and preach the Good News so that all may be saved.  You equip us, You trains us, You send us. We are only Your servants working under Your command and carrying out Your mission to heal those who are sick in heart, mind, soul, body and spirit.  You call us to give them hope and to remind them of the promise of a place in the Kingdom as they receive You, accept You and draw close to You and find their own special place in Your Body the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment