Friday, November 30, 2012

Romans 10:9-18, Psalm 19:1-4, Mark 4:18-22

Every Word of God is true.  He is a shield in Whom man can take refuge.

"---- Mine, believe, ask for a great faith.  Ask Me to increase your faith.  As you have asked to be holy and humble also ask the Father and He will grant you a great faith.  Exercise faith in all things and you will see it grow in ways that will hold you in thrall.  Say it now, pray it now,, 'Lord increase my faith.'"

"My Lord I beg You increase my faith."



Scripture says out of the fullness of the heart the mouth speaks and this is what St. Paul is saying as well.  If my heart is full of joy at the Good News that I am saved through Jesus, my Lord, and my heart knows this is true along with very fibre of my being, then of course this overflowing knowledge of the truth will spill over from my lips in confession of all that I know to be true.

St. Paul speaks so poignantly in verse 14-15, 17.  Everyone who is sent and that includes me, must understand the tremendous work we have to play our part in ensuring that many shall call upon the Name of the Lord because they believe.  They will believe because that have heard and they will have heard because of us whom You have sent.  We are the messengers with beautiful feet for they carry Good News wherever You send us.  Through You we will increase our faith and that of others by our preaching that has its roots , its foundation on Christ who is our Cornerstone.

Psalm 19:1-4,

How true my Beloved, the Holy Spirit is not visible but His work makes known His Presence.  The beauty of nature, of all creatures in nature, all the colors and all that is alive with the beauty and the power of the truth of God present to some degree in all that is noble, pure, true good and beautiful.
 

My Beloved, all who acknowledge You as Lord are called to leave their old ways behind.  All the frivolous past times and anything else that keeps us from a committed discipleship.  You call us to mission, You send us to be Your messenger who will witness to the Good News by the way we conduct ourselves before the world.  As You called Peter, Andrew James and John who were busy with legitimate work to a higher calling so must we be prepared to drop everything when we hear You call and we must follow You without a backward glance.  Lot's wife looked back and she became immobile because she refused to obey.

Your Word says, "He who puts his hand to the plough and then looks back is not worthy of the Kingdom of God.  Looking back is a sign that we have not fully detached ourselves from our old ways.  To follow You there must be a total turning away from past, sinful ways and wearing the new garments of faith, hope and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment