Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Proverbs 30:5-9, Psalm 119:29, 72, 89, 101, 104, 163, Luke 9:1-6


DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

M--- Mine, I have anointed you with the oil of gladness and I have called you to labour in my vineyard,  The fruit you produce will be good and your reward will be the Kingdom.




Not only is Your Word true, You are the Word, the incarnate Word, the Eternal Word.  The only Word of the Father who was with Him before all ages.  When God uttered the Word that was in Him and with Him, all created things came to be.  The Word is Grace, Truth, Light, Life and above all Love.

Keep all falsehood away from me and give me neither poverty nor riches in this way I shall be happy, my ear will be attuned to Your voice and attentive to Your Word; I will lean on You for support and I will draw on Your strength.  I want to be close to You always.


Verse 89
O Lord Your Word stands forever firmly fixed in the heavens.

Verse 101
You help me Lord to keep away from sin and in step with Your Word.

Verse 105
Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.


It is You who calls,  You who empowers and gives authority.  It is You who sends, it is You who commissions, it is You who instructs.  It is You who gives the words we need to speak, from You comes the power to heal, the touch that helps to lighten another’s burden, the love that conquers evil, hatred and fear.  Every good and perfect gift is given by You to enable us work effectively in Your vineyard and for Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment