Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ecclesiastes 1:2-11, Psalms 90:3-6, 12-14 & 17, Luke9:7-9


DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:


“Full many a flower is born to blush unseen, And waste its sweetness on the desert air”



Verse 11
If they say to you, “See, it’s new!” know that it has already been centuries earlier.

True my Beloved, there is nothing new under the sun but everything is new with the SON – all that is old is seen once more and experienced once more with fresh new eyes when we see it through the lens of the Incarnation -and through Your birth, life, suffering, death and glorious Resurrection and Ascension into heaven.  The life of the Holy Spirit hast has been poured into our hearts.  United with You we are moved by Your Holy Spirit to appreciate the awesome truth that God is Love and that He has revealed and manifested that love to us through You.  You do make all things new.  Thank You.


My Lord, I am so glad that our life span here is limited for we  hope to spend eternity with You.  How quickly time passes.  The years flash by so fast and before we realize it we find that our youth is far behind and old age is fast approaching.  We see so many missed opportunities.  Thank You for the truth that it is never too late.  With You we can always begin anew.  As long as this little field daisy blooms my Beloved, may she bloom for You.  Even though she is unseen because she is so small, ordinary and insignificant and although her fragrance is faint – yet she pours out her fragrance and her bloom with all the fervor and passion she is capable of – even though that fervor and passion is so small because she is truly nothing without You.  You have taught her well by example how to love generously, whole heartedly, totally.  You know her, You see her, You breathe her fragrance, You delight in her bloom although no one else does.  This is all that matters my Beloved.  When the evening of my life arrives and I fade I know You will come for me and You will receive me with immense tenderness and love.  Planted in You I will bloom forever. 

At every dawn when I set at Your feet, when I kneel before Your awesome Presence in the Adoration Chapel, and when I feast at Your Banquet of Love in the Eucharist, I am filled with Your goodness and I rejoice.  You make me glad and I am joyful all  day every day.  Thank You.


Poor Herod.  He could so easily have come to You, seen You, witnessed Your miracles and experienced Your love if only he stopped asking questions and moved from curiosity to a face to face encounter with You.  His life could have been transformed if only he had a genuine desire to know who You were.

You are gloriously alive – the same yesterday, today and eternally.  You are God and the Son of the Most High, the Eternal Word whom God has given to us in order that  He may bring meaning and purpose into our lives.

To his question, “Who is this?” if Herod truly wanted to know the answer, he would have received it from Your Father, “This is My Son, the Beloved, listen to Him.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment