Sunday, September 30, 2012

Numbers 11:25-29, James 5:1-6, Psalm 19:8, 10, 12-14, 19, Mark 9:38-43, 45, 47-48



M--- Mine, if you seek Me you will find Me if you seek me with all your heart.  I long to reveal Myself and make my love known.  Love me in return this is your purpose in life, the reason for which you were created – to know Me, love Me and serve Me, your God.



My Beloved,  it is God alone who calls us to serve Him and when He does, He equips us for the service that we are required to offer,  here we are reminded that we must not be jealous or restrain anyone who is doing Your work. You call whomsoever You wish and we are called to accept, support and encourage  those who are called.  We must work together in harmony united in our mission to work for the Kingdom and to spread the Good News of salvation.


My Beloved, it is so easy to crush and take advantage of those who are poor.  The rich and powerful of this world and those in authority do it all the time.  The poor are squeezed and squeezed some more.  Their cry is muffled and silenced.  But You hear them, every sigh reaches Your ears, every tear is collected by You and when the day of Your judgment dawns the poor will receive justice and victory.  They will be vindicated and those who took advantage of them will receive their punishment.  Often Your silence is misunderstood and the wicked believe You are asleep. 


To obey Your law of love is joy.  To listen to Your Word and meditate on it brings consolation and wisdom.  Those who love You need not be afraid of Your judgment for You temper it with compassion and mercy.  Forgive me Lord for the times when I have strayed and fallen guard me from willful sin. Stay with me all my days as You have promised and give me life and strength at every Eucharist.


So often my Beloved we are so narrow is our vision, so jealous of the gifts that we presume are only for us.  We attribute favoritism to You and we consider ourselves Your favorites even though Your Word is clear when it says, “God has no favorites.” 

To all has been given the mission to go out into the world and make disciples of all nations.  All have received the call and we have no right to restrict anyone because they do not fit our idea of who ought to be doing Your work.  Truth, goodness, beauty and love are attributes that are found in all human beings for we are all created in Your image and likeness and when we find these attributes we ought to celebrate it and allow them to unite us rather than create division.

Keep us sensitive and aware of the things that take us away from You and grant us the grace to do whatever is necessary to keep from going astray.  Give me a conscience that is sensitive to sin and when I fall from grace, inspire me to run back to You and beg forgiveness so You can restore, heal and preserve me from committing the same sins over again.  Stay with me Lord all day, every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment