Tuesday, September 4, 2012

1 Corinthians 2:10-16, Psalm 145:8-14, Luke 4:31-37


DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Corinthians 2:10-16, Psalm 145:8-14, Luke 4:31-37 
1 Corinthians 2:10-16

My Beloved, God is infinite and the Spirit of God who is able to plumb the very depths of God is infinite.  He knows all that there is to know of the omnipotent God because He is God’s own Spirit.  St. Paul tells us  that we too have received this same Spirit in the measure of our capacity to receive.  It is God’s Spirit of Wisdom and Truth that enables us to understand how good and loving our Father truly is.  In verse 16 St. Paul says that we must have the mind of Christ.  He takes it for granted that every baptized soul has such a mind.  Is this true of me?  If I have the mind of Christ then I must think and act like You do always.  Help me Lord and forgive me for the times when I have acted as one who has not known You.

Psalm 145:8-14

My Love, it would do us all well to remember that You are compassionate, gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love and good to ALL with no exceptions.  Your mercy is available freely to all even to those whom we dislike or do not get along with or those who treat us shabbily.  You are true to every promise You have made and everyone can lay claim to them with complete confidence.  This is most especially true of those who are beaten down and discarded by the world as refuse and worthless.  The sinner, the prostitute and the outcast all find a home in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment