Monday, September 3, 2012

1 Corinthians 2:1-5, Psalm 119:97-102, Luke 4:16-30




My Beloved, once again it seems as if St. Paul wrote these lines for me.  It is so easy to desire to be brilliant and use just the right words to speak eloquently in order to make a good impression but none of it really matter except to speak the Truth simply and allow the power of the Holy Spirit to move the hearts of the listeners or readers.  All I am is the instrument, the channel, the the grace and the power is Yours alone.  Help me never to forget it


My Beloved, I love to meditate on Your law which is the law of love.  The Law of Love has a Name, it is the Name above all others and on hearing it, every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that You my Love are Lord.

Your command is the command to love and it is my privilege to obey it.  With the help of the grace You freely make available to me it shall be no burden at all to obey the sweet law of Love.


My Live, my Hope, my Love, because I share Your life and because I am co-heir with You in accordance with the Father’s plan, I too can quote this verse from Isaiah and claim that it speaks of me.  You have sent me in Your Name and You promise that those who believe will do even greater things than this.  May I permit You always to live in me, move in me, have Your Being in me in order that I may yield to Your Spirit all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment