Thursday, August 9, 2012

Jeremiah 31:31-34, Psalm 51:12-15, 18-19, Matthew 16:13-23

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:


31 The time is coming – it is Yah­­­­weh who speaks – when I will forge a new covenant with the people of Israel and the people of Judah. 32 It will not be like the one I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand and led them out of Egypt. For they broke my covenant although I was their Lord.
33 This is the covenant I shall make with Israel after that time: I will put my Law within them and write it on their hearts; I will be their God and they will be my people.
34 And they will not have to teach each other, neighbor or brother, saying: ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the greatest to the lowliest, for I will forgive their wrongdoing and no longer remember their sin.”

My Abba, what an awesome Covenant You have forged with us in Jesus, the Covenant of Love.  The law of love now rules our lives and it is certainly quite unlike the Covenant You made with Your people in the Old Testament.  That law was broken several times over through disobedience and had no power to save.  You in Your infinite goodness, mercy, compassion and love gave Your creatures a second chance.  This time you made a Covenant that will remain steadfast in time and in eternity.

Thank You Father for Jesus He is the New Covenant of Love that binds us in His Spirit to You with bonds that can never be broken and which includes all from the greatest to the least.


My Beloved, those who lived and died before You came into the world and redeemed us had no way to begin again once they sinned.   No burnt offering or animal sacrifice could take away the penalty for sin.

But with You there is always forgiveness and redemption no matter how many times or how gravely we sin.  With true repentance and contrition we can begin anew.  Keep me from grave sin Lord, the sin that leads to eternal death.  Grant me a willing, joyful, obedient spirit.  Grant me the grace to run to You for forgiveness every time I fail and fall so You can pick me up and bathe me in Your forgiveness and mercy and restore me to new life in You again.

Anyone or anything that prevents us from having a relationship with You and becomes an obstacle to our growth and life in You, comes from the evil one.  Whatever the obstacle may be it must be rooted out.  We are heaven bound and with the Keys of the Kingdom in the safe hands of Peter and his successors, we will be shepherded safely to heaven.  Where Peter is there is the Church and where the Church is there is her Bridegroom.

Thank You Beloved for Your Church, continue to sustain and strengthen her through time and into eternity as You have promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment