Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Jeremiah 31:1-7, Jeremiah 31:10-13, Matthew 15:21-28

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS



My Beloved, this prophecy was fulfilled when Mary said, "Yes" to God and You took flesh in her womb.  At this moment in time  God's saving plan for all who believed in You would become a reality.  All who have been grafted on to You in Baptism would become the sons and daughters of God and we would be co-heirs with You to the Kingdom.  This is how the Father has loved us and fulfilled the promises He made that He will restore to us all that our first parents lost through disobedience.  The Father has indeed loved us with an everlasting love.  A love that knows no limit.  It is a sacrificial love that was witnessed to perfection on the Cross on Calvary's hill.


My Beloved, evil and death were conquered when You redeemed and ransomed us by Your death and Your glorious Resurrection.  Thank You Father for all that Your Son has accomplished in His love for You and through the power of the Holy Spirit for us.  Thank You for Your love for us that gave us a Brother, Friend, Spouse, Savior, Messiah, Redeemer and Lover like Jesus.


My Beloved, today before Your Holy Presence - Body, Soul and Divinity in the Adoration Chapel I prayed for Your help in ceasing to be as thin skinned as I am.  I wanted no longer to feel belittled, insulted, slighted, dejected and morose if I was sidelined, ignored, talked down to, brushed aside.  I asked for the grace to live that from this day forth live aware of Your actual Presence in my life and with the awareness of who I am in You.   

The awesome faith of the Canaanite woman in today's Gospel is truly admirable.  She did not feel slighted and insulted at a perceived insult rather it made her bold and persistent. She refused to take no for an answer and she won Your admiration. Grant me a similar faith Lord, one that is persistent even in the face of silence.  Her faith moved You to action may mine do too Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment