Friday, July 20, 2012

Isaiah 38:1-6, 21-22, 7-8, Isaiah 38:10-12, 16, Matthew 12:1-8

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:


Isaiah 38:1-6, 21-22, 7-8, Isaiah 38:10-12, 16, Matthew 12:1-8


Isaiah 38:1-6, 21-22, 7-8


M--- Mine, nothing is beyond my ability control.  Life, death, nature all these I command.  I hear every sincere prayer.  i see every tear and when anyone calls Me no mater what the hour, if the prayer is made with faith, I will act readily.  But remember this, no matter how many years I can add to your life, in the end life must end, death will come, so be prepared.  For some death will come like a thief in the night, for some it will strike suddenly and perhaps tragically without any warning, for still others it may be a long, lingering, painful death.  Death is real and eternal life is certain.  The choice though of where you wish to spend eternity is yours.  Choose life and you will live eternally.  Choose sin and you will dive a living death eternally.


Isaiah 38:10-12, 16


My Life, if I am doomed to die in grave sin and my soul is destined to burn eternally in hell, then I would have reason to beg You to add a few years to my life for in such a death, I would be eternally deprived of seeing You. Alive on earth there is always hope for contrition, repentance and forgiveness.  May I so live each day my Beloved that You can call me whether I am asleep or awake, whether healthy or sick.  You may call me me through sudden, unforeseen and tragic circumstance.  How You call me will be irrelevant because whenever You call and however You call I will see You and I will be with You eternally.


Matthew 12:1-8


My Beloved, there are so many things that are revealed in these verses.  Your disciples who were walking through the wheat fields with You are aware it is the Sabbath, they are all Jews so they know the laws concerning the Sabbath.  Having been with You a while they have now understood to some degree at least that You are the Son of God and have authority over every law even the law of the Sabbath.  They know that You never lose sight of the person in order to fulfil a law at the cost of doing good.  Everything that we do must be done in wisdom, mercy, compassion and above all love.

So often we are so busy about being right and making sure that all the rules are rigidly obeyed that we forget that due to the exact accounting we demand of others in measuring up to our standards of what we believe to be right or wrong, we  end up being judgmental, critical, severe, hard hearted and lacking compassion.  In the end we do a great deal more damage than if like You, we never lost sight of the person and the need.  

Give me a heart like Yours my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment