Monday, July 23, 2012

Micah 6:1-4, 6-8, Psalm 50:5-6, 8-9, 16-17, 21 & 23, Matthew 12:38-42

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:  


Micah 6:1-4, 6-8, Psalm 50:5-6, 8-9, 16-17, 21 & 23, Matthew 12:38-42


Micah 6:1-4, 6-8


My Beloved, it shames me to think how small and halfhearted my response is to God's love for me.  Verse 3  “O my people, what have I done to you? In what way have I been a burden to you? Answer me," reveals to me the tender, sorrowful love of the Father for me. God has held me through all the difficultites that I have had to face in life.  From true suffering, to the times that I walked with sin, through heartbreak and finally into the glory of knowing God's passionate love for me.  So complete is His love that when all hope of heaven was lost, He made a way.  You are the door through which I enter into life.  You laid down Your life for me. Verse 7 says, Will Yahweh be pleased with thousands of rams, with an overabundance of oil libations? Should I offer my firstborn for my sins, the fruit of my body for my wrongdoing?”

You are the firstborn Son of God and the offering of Your life was the only acceptable and pleasing Sacrifice that was acceptable and pleasing to God in expiation for my sins.  You died in order that I may have life.  Thank You Father, thank You Son, thank You Holy Spirit.


Psalm 50:5-6, 8-9, 16-17, 21 & 23


Verse 23
Those who give thanks offerings honor Me, but the one who walks blamelessly I will show the salvation of God.


Father God, the Eucharist is a thanksgiving offering pleasing to You.  We offer You the once for all Sacrifice made on Calvary by the Lamb without blemish or stain.  It is an offering that is acceptable to You always.  Jesus the Beloved is the Way - if we walk in the Light of His Truth and in His Way, salvation will be shown to me for when I walk in the Way of My God  I will walk blamelessly.


Matthew 12:38-42


My Beloved, You said to Thomas after Your Resurrection, "Blessed are those who haven not seen and yet believe."  Here the Scribes and Pharisees are asking for signs in order that they may believe.  Despite all the signs and wonders You had already performed which they either witnessed themselves or had heard of  they were yet, clamoring for more of the spectacular.

But that wasn not the purpose of Your Incarnation.  you came to die so that we may live.  You came to crush death under Your heel and to nail sin to the Cross.  You came to take upon Yourself our human condition which means every ugly, filthy, sinful aspect of our miserable lives You absorbed it all into Your Body and gave us an opportunity to start over in You, with You and through You.  Thank You my Lord and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment