Tuesday, June 5, 2012

2 Peter 3:11-5A, 17-18, Psalm 90:2-4, 10, 14, 16, Mark 12:13-17

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:  Peter 3:11-5A, 17-18, 
                                                                   Psalm 90:2-4, 10, 14, 16, Mark 12:13-17

RENDER UNTO CAESAR THE THINGS THAT ARE CAESAR'S AND TO GOD THE THINGS THAT ARE GOD'S
Peter 3:11-5A, 17-18

My Beloved, the world as we know it must come to an end and we are reminded once more to be holy and without fault as we wait with longing for Your coming.  May I yearn for Your return. May I thirst hunger and thirst for You so ardently that I may be always prepared and alive with a constant awareness that the time could be now. While I am waiting, grant O Lord that I may be faithful.  help me to grow daily in love for You and for Your Church.  Increase my knowledge of You for the more I know You the better will I love You who are worthy of all my love.

Psalm 90:2-4, 10, 14, 16

My Love, the day is well lived if it is lived in faithfulness to Your word.  If I live to praise You and if all I do, say and think witness powerfully to all I believe in faith, then I can lay my head down on my pillow each night and rejoice that I have kept You before my eyes and in my heart from my rising to my lying down at night.  Keep me rooted in You my Beloved in order that I may be fruitful for Your glory.

Mark 12:13-17

My Beloved, here's a question, how can anyone trap the Eternal Word through words? The foolish Pharisees were truly blind and deaf for they were unable to recognize and accept You as the Messiah and the Son of the Most High God.  But You are God and so You see and know men's hearts. You saw the evil intent behind the questions of the Pharisees.  You cannot be deceived despite all that we may do to hide our true intentions.  Grant me wisdom Lord so that I like You may not be deceived or taken in by flattery, lies and deceit.  Evil can only be defeated by Truth and only You who are the Eternal and all powerful Word of God can defeat the works of darkness.  "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and to God the things that are God's."  You desire that we we obey all legitimate authority and to be honest in rendering to God all that is rightly under the authority of God.  

Verse 17 concludes with this phrase, "They were greatly astonished."  The enemies of the Church are in a constant state of astonishment that she still stands firm, true and powerful despite the weaknesses and sinfulness of her members.  She stands firm because she is built on You who are her Rock and firm foundation and she will never be shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment