Monday, June 4, 2012

2 Peter 1:2-7, Psalm 91:1-2, 14-16, Mark 12:1-12

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:  2 Peter 1:2-7, Psalm 91:1-2, 14-16, Mark 12:1-12

2 Peter 1:2-7


 My Beloved, it is clear that I have received all that I shall ever need to strive  to lead a life that is always pleasing to You. It is now entirely up to me how I use what I have been so generously given.  the Sacraments are channels of super abundant grace that flow from You to me.  No matter what the circumstances, I am rooted firmly in grace and peace. This grace and peace has its source in the knowledge of God and of You my Beloved.

St. Peter assures me that I already have everything I shall ever need to live a life holy and pleasing to You. I have been pleading with You to use me powerfully and give me all I need to do Your work and now I make the happy discovery that I have already received all I will ever need. 

I know You, I know all that the Father has accomplished for me through You, I have received Your Holy Spirit who leads me into all Truth.  I am a child of God and heir to the Kingdom.  I call God Father, Abba.  I call You Brother and Spouse.  I call the Holy Spirit my Comforter, Counselor and Guide.  What I do with all I have received is entirely up to me.  I am called to use what I have with great determination and a single minded purpose.  I am called to be on fire with the zeal of the Holy Spirit who is always present in me.  I am called to increase the talents given to me, the talent of faith with goodness, goodness with knowledge, knowledge with moderation, moderation with constancy, constancy with piety, piety with mutual affection and mutual affection with love.

Psalm 91:1-2, 14-16

My Beloved, every morning I beg You to give me all I need so You can use me mightily for Your glory.  Now I make the amazing discovery that You have long ago given me all that I need.  I hide in You, I rest in You, I shelter in You, I live move and have my being in You, I draw grace and strength from  You make Your home in me.  Verse 14-16 says it all better than I could every express it myself,

14 “Because they cling to me, I will rescue them,”
says the Lord.
“I will protect those who know my name.
15 When they call to me, I will answer;
in time of trouble I will be with them;
I will deliver and honor them.
16 I will satisfy them with long life
and show them my salvation.”

Thank You my Love, my Beloved.

Mark 12:1-12

The enemies of the Church are always cowardly.  They are afraid of a bold, face to face encounter with the Truth.  They plot evil in the dark with like minded people who are tarnished with the same desire and hunger for personal glory, greed and power.  They work under cover of violence and hatred.  Their sole aim is to destroy the Truth in order that they can live a lie without the scruples of a squirming conscience troubling them; a conscience they would rather have dead than alive to rebuke them.  

Those who are good, those who are unabashed about living out their faith and giving public witness to it are a constant thorn in their side, an irritant.  That is why the good have always been destroyed and killed. The Father sent You hoping that the world would see reason and give You the welcome You deserve as His First Born and Heir.  But evil desires to supplant Goodness and Truth and reign in its place.  Even though death has been routed and destroyed and Truth has prevailed, evil refuses to acknowledge the Victor and the battle continues.  But we are on the winning side for we belong to You.  Your Church will triumph for she is espoused to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment