Tuesday, June 19, 2012

1 Kings 21:17-29, Psalm 51:3-6, 11& 16, Matthew 5:43-48

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS 1 Kings 21:17-29, Psalm 51:3-s, 11& 16,
                                                                       Matthew 5:43-48




Verse 22b............you have offended me and have dragged Israel into sin.

There is nothing so offensive to God as when we sin and drag others to sin greatly as well.  We must never make the mistake of thinking that just because God is being patient that He tolerates our wickedness.  It is because He is compassionate and merciful that He gives us time to repent and when we do so as Ahab did, and acknowledged our offenses, He will relent.  There is always a consequence for sin - the price for our injustices against a holy God must be paid, that is why Christ was nailed to the Cross.  He paid the price and we are saved.


Abba Father, I bow down in grateful thanks for all that I have received through Christ Your Son.  Your justice has been satisfied by the price He paid for my redemption.  I come to You bathed in the Blood of the Lamb.  I am heartily sorry for every sin I have ever committed both grave and small and I thank You for Jesus who has reconciled me to Yourself and restored my relationship with You.


M--- Mine, love your enemies, pray for those who persecute You in imitation of Me.  As I forgave those who plotted evil against Me, even the one who ate with Me and then betrayed Me for the paltry sum of the price of a slave, so too must You not only forgive but pray for the conversion of sinners who live only to do and spread evil.  You have been called to attain the heights of righteousness and perfection just like the Father who created You in the image and likeness of God.  You have a lifelong work and it will be filled with struggle, disappointments and defeat.  Often You may find that despite your best efforts you make little progress.  Do not be disheartened it is the struggle that pleases me and you will receive the reward of that struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment