Monday, June 18, 2012

1 KINGS 21:1-16, PSALM 5:2-7, MATTHEW 5:38-42

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:   KINGS 21:1-16, PSALM  5:2-7, 
                                                                     MATTHEW 5:38-42






Naboth - Our conscience, also a pre-figure of Jesus
The vineyard - the Kingdom of God, as well as Israel
Ahab - Our free will, also a representation of the high priest
Jezebel - the world and evil, also represents the Pharisees and the Scribes


Verse 4 
From daybreak you hear my voice, from dawn I am in your presence watching for you.

I fix my gaze on You when I awake and I draw my strength from You.  I raise my voice in praise, thanks, worship and supplication and You hear and answer me.


Your way is the way of every authentic Christian but it is most certainly not the way of the world.  It would seem on the surface that You recommend that we become doormats and allow people to tranmple all over us, the truth however is that violence only breeds more violence.  It takes greater courage to stop evil in its tracks by looking it in the eye silently and without flinching and allowing it to do its worst until it spends its fury.  Evil destroys itself goodness is invincible.

No comments:

Post a Comment