Friday, April 20, 2012

Acts 5:34-42, Psalm 27:1, 4, 14, 14, John 6:1-15

Daily Holy Mass ReadingsActs 5:34-42, Psalm 27:1, 4, 14, 14, John  6:1-15


Acts 5:34-42

 38 So, in this present case, I advise you to have nothing to do with these men. Leave them alone. If their project or activity is of human origin, it will destroy itself. 39 If, on the other hand, it is from God, you will not be able to destroy it and you may indeed find yourselves fighting against God.”

Beloved, sometimes I have a real sense of dread  when I think or speak about the enemies of Christianity and Christians because they hate You and consequently we are hated as well.  You are a constant, silent reporach to them in Your teaching, in Your witness to the love of the Father, to the laying down of Your life for all  humanity,  But I need not fear for as Gemaliel wisely says, they fight against and God and God is invincible.

May I never be afraid Beloved, to suffer for the sake of the Gospel.

Psalm 27:1, 4, 13, 14, 

The Lord is my light and my salvation
– whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the rampart of my life;
I will not be afraid.
One thing I ask of the Lord, one thing I seek –
that I may dwell in his house all the days of my life,
to gaze at his jewel and to visit his sanctuary.
13 I hope, I am sure,
 that I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
14 Trust in the Lord, be strong and courageous
       yes, put your hope in the Lord!

My Beloved You are all that the psalmist says and more and I long for all that the psalmist longs for and more.

John  6:1-15

My Beloved, You can take the the little scraps we have to offer and You can perform a miracle.  May I never doubt that I can always offer You my poor weak efforts to love and serve You and You will always ensure that the little I offer will be tunred into abundance.  May I be ready to sit down and wait expectantly for Your generosity in feeding me for I know that You will never disappoint me.  When You give the supply never runs out but there will always be enough and more left over. Thank You Beloved for always exceeding the capacity of our desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment