Thursday, March 15, 2012

Jeremiah 7:23-28, Psalm 95:1-2, 6-9, Luke 11:14-23

Daily Holy Mass Readings:  Jeremiah 7:23-28, Psalm 95:1-2, 6-9, 
                                                         Luke 11:14-23

Jeremiah 7:23-28
 23 One thing I did command them: Listen to my voice and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in the way I command you and all will be well with you. 24 But they did not listen and paid no attention; they followed the bad habits of their stubborn heart and turned away from me.
25 From the time I brought their fore­bearers out of Egypt until this day I have continually sent them my servants, the prophets, 26 but this stiff-necked people did not listen. They paid no atten­tion and were worse than their forebearers.
27 You may say all these things to them but they will not listen; you will call them but they will not answer. 28 This is a nation that did not obey Yahweh and refused to be disciplined; truth has perished and is no longer heard from their lips.

My Beloved, grant me this grace, to earnestly seek to listen to Your voice and to obey all that You command.  I am Your servant and I accept all that You will for me as long as I live.  this is the way to be happy in the world.

Verses 24-28 are such a powerful description of the world today.  You have given the Church powerful leaders in our recent Popes and in the present successor to Peter, our Pope Benedict VI; but their voices have been like the voice of St. John the Baptist - a voice crying in the wilderness to repent and retunr to You but the world will not listen.

Be merciful Lord!.

M--- Mine, truly the people of this age are a stiff necked, evil and stupid generation.  How much longer do I have to put up with them?  They are unwilling to hear My voice and return to me.  But I am a God of love.  I am patient, compassionate, gentle and kind.  truly many of them are ignorant, they have no knowledge of the truth because they have been raised on a steady diet of lies and hedonism by the Deceiver.  Pray and fast for your brothers and sisters.


Psalm 95:1-2, 6-9

Praise You Father,
Praise You Son,
Praise You Holy Spirit.

"It is You alone I love,
You alone I seek,
You alone My God
Am I ready to serve."   St. Augustine

Luke 11:14-23

 My Beloved, we know what is right and true and yet, because we want to continue indulging in sin, or because we are looking for human appreciation and affection we are mute and refuse to speak; our evil motives render us dumb.  Cowardice keeps us from speaking.  In times like these Lord may I call on Your mighty Name for deliverance.  There is none stronger than You and You have won the victory for me so I can be confident that I can overcome the wiles of the enemy.  Count me among those who are with You Lord in the service of Your Kingdom and laboring in Your vineyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment