Friday, March 16, 2012

Hosea 14:2-10, Psalm 81:6-11, 14, 17, Mark 12:28-34

Daily Holy Mass Readings:  Hosea 14:2-10, Psalm 81:6-11, 14, 17, Mark 12:28-34


Hosea 14:2-10

My Beloved, You are God Almighty and You long for the love of Your poor, unworthy, sinful, weak creature.  I do love You.  I want to be like the cedar that flourishes because I am rooted in You.  I want Your fragrance to emanate from me to all around me.  I want to be everything that You desire me to be.

Psalm 81:6-11, 14, 17

My own true God, I do walk with You and You have filled my mouth with the sweetest of wheat - Your precious Body and with the wine of Your most precious Blood.  Each time I called when I was in distress  You hastened to me.  You are always by my side and so often I continue to wallow in self-pity instead of looking to You for strength.  Thank You for putting up with me, loving me and blessing me anyway.

Mark 12:28-34

My Beloved how pleased You are with us when we understand the things of God and the things of heaven.  It is then that You joyously and lavishly bestow Your grace on us as only a loving and generous God can.  The knowledge of these truths must lead me to put these eternal truths into practice.  Love of God and love of neighbout is the only way by which we can live as You call us to do. 

Loving is not always easy my Beloved because we areare all sinners and this places barriers between us that only grace can help to overcome.

M--- Mine, love covers a multitude of sins.  You only have to look at Me on the Cross to know the truth of these words.  Even if you are rebuffed and rejected it must not stop you from trying.  Do not allow your hurt feelings to become an insurmountable hindrance or barrier - love overcomes all.  Be true to yourself always.  Do not try to be someone you are not.  You are you and that is the person I love.  Be filled with My Spirit.  Be filled with My Love.

Thank you.

And remember when the viper strikes you, you will be unharmed by its malicious and spiteful poison.

No comments:

Post a Comment