Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sirach 17:22, Sirach 18:16-22

Daily Meditation:  Sirach 17:22, Sirach 18:16-22

Sirach 17:22,

22 He holds a man’s almsgiving dear as a priceless signet ring; he cherishes a good deed like the apple of his eye.

Sirach 18:16-22

16 Does not dew temper the heat? So, too, a kind word is much better than a gift.
17 The gift is not as valuable as the words which accompany it, but a generous man brings both.
18 The fool intends to please but insults, a grudging man’s gift makes the eyes smart.
19 Find out the facts before you speak; look after yourself before you become ill.
20 Examine yourself before judgment comes and, on the day of God’s visitation, you will be forgiven.
21 Humble yourself before you become ill and show repentance for your sins.
22 Let nothing prevent you from fulfilling your vow on time; do not wait until death to put things in order.

My Beloved, right now I am thinking how it is with me, I always reflect on what I wish to say before I say it in order that my words may not give the slightest offense.  In these verses You confirm how important it is to use kind words.

It is possible to be thrilled by Your Holy Word because it is full of love, beauty, wisdom, compassion and promise.  It gives life and hope.  It increases faith and it assures me of Your divine Presence abiding in me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment