Saturday, February 25, 2012

Isaiah 58:9-14, Psalm 86:1-6, Luke 5:27-32

Daily Holy Mass Readings:  Isaiah 58:9-14, Psalm 86:1-6, Luke 5:27-32

Isaiah 58:9-15

"---- Mine, when you call I will answer.  You will cry and I will say, "I am here." If you remove from your midst the yoke, the clenched fist and the wicked word,  if you share your food with the hungry and give relief to the oppressed, then your light will rise in the dark. Your night will be like noon.  I will guide you always and give you relief in desert places.  I will strengthen your bones.  I will make you as a watered garden.  Like a spring of water whose waters never fail.  Your ancient ruins will be rebuilt, the age-old foundations will be raised.  You will be called the Breach-mender, and the Restorer of ruined houses. M---  Mine, if you call the sabbath day a day of delight and keep sacred my holy day, you will find delight in me over the heights, you will ride triumphantly and feast joyfully on my inheritance.  My Mouth has spoken."

Thank You for speaking so delightfully to my heart and most of all my Beloved God thank You for loving me.

Luke 5:27-32

My Beloved, like the Apostle Matthew I too keep company with tax collectors like myself but You came to me and called me out of the darkness of sin and wretchedness  into Your own marvellous light and life.  I am truly grateful that You came to call sinners not the righteous.  Thank You Beloved for rescuing me and inviting me to follow You.

No comments:

Post a Comment