Friday, February 24, 2012

Isaiah 58:1-9, Psalm 51:3-6, 18, 19, Matthew 9:14-15

Daily Meditation:  Isaiah 58:1-9, Psalm 51:3-6, Matthew 9:14-15


 Isaiah 58:1-9


Beloved, there is a fast that displeases You and a fast that does.  A fast that You refuse to acknowledge and a fast that hastens Your coming bringing with You all that we need.  

The kind of fast pleasing to You is one that is sensitive to the needs of those around me, those who are less fortunate than I.  I must meet their needs according to my ability and I must be mindful that these needs can be both temporal and or physical.

Psalm 51:3-6, 18, 19

Beloved it would be useless to  hide my sins from You - You know them all in fact they crucified You.  it was my guilt You bore and my sentence of death that You received.  I will not hide my offenses from You but acknowledge each one of them.  Grant me the opportunity to confess my sins before Your anointed minister so that I may receive Your forgiveness and pardon and enjoy once more the peace that comes from being forgiven.

 Matthew 9:14-15

My Beloved Bridegroom this season of Lent we experience the Bridegroom taken from us and we are bereft and alone, but at each Eucharist You come and fill us with the joy of Your Sacred presence and for a while we return to the bridal chamber.   You permit me to gaze on Your Beauty and You leave me all I need until You come to me again.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment