Thursday, February 23, 2012

Deuteronomy 30:15-20, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Luke 9:22-25

Daily Holy Mass Readings:  Deuteronomy 30:15-20, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, 
                                                          Luke 9:22-25

Deuteronomy 30:15-20

 "---- Mine, what I command of you is clear.  You are free to choose but bear in mind that the consequences of your choices are eternal.  Choose Life, Choose Love, Choose Me!!!"

"My Beloved, I have belonged to You eternally.  My choice always was and always will be You and You alone.  I am all Yours Beloved now and forever."

Psalm 1:1-4, 6

"Grant my Beloved this Lent that I refrain from useless pastimes but find delight in doing all that pleases You.  May I immerse myself in You and Your Word O Lord so that I will be imbued with Your Life and Your Light.  Keep me as close to You as the apple of Your eye."


Luke 9:22-25


22 And he added, “The Son of Man must suffer many things. He will be rejected by the elders and chief priests and teachers of the Law, and put to death. Then after three days he will be raised to life.”

Beloved, I wonder if there is anything in this world more painful than rejection, especially the rejection by those one loves.  One can somehow bear it from strangers although that too is painful and humiliating as well, but rejection by loved ones can be like death.  It reminds me of this Scripture verse about You, "He came into His Own and His Own knew Him not." 

23 ---- Mine, if you wish to be a follower of mine, deny yourself and take up your cross each day, and follow me. 24 For if you choose to save your life, you will lose it, and if you lose your life for my sake, you will save it. 25 What does it profit you to gain the whole world while you destroy or damage yourself?

"My Beloved, I want to be Your follower.  I want to walk behind You and put my foot in Your footprints until the end of my life's journey on earth.  As closely as it is possible for me to follow You grant I may follow You so.

No comments:

Post a Comment