Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sirach 51:28-30

Daily Meditation:  Sirach 51:28-30

Sirach 51:28-30

28 Be instructed, whatever the cost, and you will gain what is better than gold.
29 Let your soul find joy in the mercy of the Lord, and do not be ashamed to praise him.
30 Do your work within the appointed time, and the Lord in his time will give you your reward.



Here again is some timely advice for me.  There is much to learn, accept and correct.  I know that I am frittering away precious time instead of using it properly.  You  have to please come to my aid Lord as I seem to be quite helpless and spineless about this.

Verse 29 tells my soul to rejoice in Your mercy and not to be slow to praise You.  Yes, You are a God of great mercy and You take into account my weak will in this particular area of my life.  I know that in time I will gain mastery through grace.  i praise You for my slowness in asserting my self will as it reveals how much I need You and in truth how weak I am without You.

Last of all You remind me about the importance of accomplishing all that has been given to me to do, only then will You recompense and reward me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

---- Mine, You must take concrete steps in advance so that you will not fall prey to a weak will.  Arm yourself for batter.  Pray, take small steps only,break up the hours at your disposal and decide what you wish to accomplish within that time and then - DO IT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay with me all the time my Lord and I will be able to do do it.  Thank You again.

No comments:

Post a Comment