Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Isaiah 40:25-31, Matthew 11:28-30, Psalm 103:1-4, 8 & 10

Daily Mass Readings:  Isaiah 40:25-31, Matthew 11:28-30, 
                                 Psalm 103:1-4, 8 & 10

Isaiah 40:25-31

My Beloved, it never ceases to amaze me how the Readings of the day so often tie up so well with my earlier meditation in my quiet time with You.  There seems to be a natural overflow from one to the other.  In today's verses You respond to the question You asked me, "Who do you say that I am?"  After I have given You my response, You now tell me so very graciously who You are.  You are my Strength, my Joy, my Song and my Deliverer.
 
Matthew 11:28-30

My Beloved, accepting You invitation to come follow You might seem daunting if one has not had that initial, personal encounter with You.  After experiencing the sweet generosity of Your love who could resist this invitation?  Indeed Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light.  It is the yoke and the burden of imaging You always.

Psalm 103:1-4, 8 & 10

Bless the Lord, my soul; all my being, bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, my soul, and do not forget all his kindness; he forgives all your sins and heals all your sickness; he redeems your life from destruction and crowns you with love and compassion;The Lord is gracious and merciful, abounding in love and slow to anger; 
10 He does not treat us according to our sins, nor does he punish us as we deserve.

How true my Beloved, You have never punished me as I have deserved but  You have been exceedingly merciful, tender and compassionate.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment