Sunday, December 4, 2011

Isaiah 40:1-5, 9-11, 2 Peter 3:8-14, Mark 1:1-8, Psalm 85:9-14

Daily Mass Readings:  Isaiah 40:1-5, 9-11, 2 Peter 3:8-14, 
                                      Mark 1:1-8, Psalm 85:9-14


Isaiah 40:1-5, 9-11

Be comforted my own child all your sins are forgiven and you are restored t my righteousness for I  have paid the price that was due by you.  Remember that I love you and love demands from the beloved that you respond as fully as it is possible for a creature to respond to God.  Raise you voice in thanksgiving and praise and never forget all that I have done for you.  How tenderly I have cared for You.  How I stooped down and caressed you and healed your wounds.  I carried you home and restored to Your God, My Father.

2 Peter 3:8-14

My Beloved how eloquent, tender and solemn are the words of St. Peter.  But then, it is You who taught him and formed him and it is Your Holy Spirit that inspires him and gives him the words.  Help me to always be prepared for Your coming so when that day arrives, I will not be caught sleeping as I am often tempted to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment