Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Isaiah 40:1-11, Matthew 18:12-14, Psalm 96:1-3, 10-13

Daily Mass Readings:  Isaiah 40:1-11, Matthew 18:12-14, 
                                      Psalm 96:1-3, 10-13

Isaiah 40:1-11

6 A voice says, “Cry.”
and I say, “What shall I cry?”
“All flesh is grass,
and all its beauty as the flower of the field.
7 The grass withers, the flower wilts,
when the breath of Yahweh blows upon it.
8 The grass withers, the flower fades,
but the word of our God will forever stand.”
9 Go up onto the high mountain, messenger of Zion,
lift up your voice with strength,
fear not to cry aloud when you tell Jerusalem
and announce to the cities of Judah:
Here is your God!
10 Here comes your God with might;
his strong arm rules for him;
his reward is with him,
and here before him is his booty.
11 Like a shepherd he tends his flock:
he gathers the lambs in his arms,
he carries them in his bosom,
gently leading those that are with young.


Beloved, how good You are to me verses 6-11  speak directly to my  need.  Yes Beloved my flesh and its cravings will wither like the grass but Your eternal word stands forever.  You are here and You will grant me all I need.  Safe in the knowledge that You are all I need I will lie quiescent in Your arms and permit You to battle on my behalf.  Teach me to trust You and to seek to do only that which You desire.  Let this be my delight.


Matthew 18:12-14

In verse 12 You say, "What do you think of this?  As often as you get lost, just as often I shall come after you and find you.  I shall pick you up and hold you in loving embrace.  I will bring you to safety.  Once you come to realize that your joy lies in staying close to me only then will you cease to stray.  Sheep are notoriously silly little one and so are you.  You  have yet to grasp the substance and the nature of the love of Your God."

 
Psalm 96:1-3, 10-13

Sing to the Lord a new song,
sing to the Lord, all the earth!
Sing to the Lord, bless his name;
proclaim his salvation day after day.
Recall his glory among the nations,
tell all the peoples his wonderful deeds.
10 Say among the nations, “The Lord reigns!”
He will judge the peoples with justice.
11 Let the heavens be glad, the earth rejoice;
let the sea and all that fills it resound;
12 let the fields exult and everything in them;
let the forest, all the trees, sing for joy.
13 Let them sing before the Lord
who comes to judge the earth.
He will rule the world with justice
and the peoples with fairness.

No comments:

Post a Comment