Thursday, December 1, 2011

Isaiah 26:1-6, Matthew 7:21, 24-27, Psalm 118:1 and 8-9, 19-21, 25-27

Daily Mass Readings:  Isaiah 26:1-6, Matthew 7:21, 24-27,
                                     Psalm 118:1 and 8-9, 19-21, 25-27

Isaiah 26:1-6

You keep in perfect peace
the one of steadfast mind,
the one who trusts in you.
He brought down those who dwell on high,
he laid low the lofty city,
he razed it to the ground,
leveled it to the dust,
Now it is trampled
the poor and the lowly tread upon it.


Beloved, You are the Kingdom of God, You are the Gate of heaven.  I will fix my mind on You and will live in the shadow of Your Presence and You will grant me perfect peace and contentment.  I lie within Your embrace trustfully.  Once again You remind me how You detest the proud, the haughty, the disdainful and h ow You will trample on them and crush them into the dust.  Grant O Lord that I may be humble always, ever mindful of all the favors You so generously shower on me.  Amen.

Matthew 7:21, 24-27


Thank You Beloved for reminding me over and over again that I must be a true disciple who listens to the Master and joyfully obeys Him in honesty, truth and love.  Grant that I who am grafted on to You, cling to You always so that it is You alone who sustains and strengthens me.  I live in You.

Psalm 118:1 and 8-9, 19-21, 27

Alleluia!
Give thanks to the Lord,
for he is good,
his loving kindness endures forever.

It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in the help of humans.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in the might of princes.
19 Open to me the gates of the Just,
and let me enter to give thanks.
20 “This is the Lord’s gate,
through which the upright enter.”
27 The Lord is God; may his light shine upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment