Thursday, December 1, 2011

1 Samuel 2:1-10




My Beloved, Hannah's song of praise is mine too for You have dealt with me as You have dealt with her and I raise my entire being with praise on my lips bubbling forth in thanksgiving, for You O Lord have been exceedingly good to me.  You have always shown Yourself as a God of great mercy, compassion, strength, goodness, righteousness and above all tender love.  I am glad that I am all Yours.  You open my eyes to the truth and You rebuke me when I am wrong.  You correct me and You help me to overcome my weaknesses so I can return to the path You have marked out for me.  I rejoice and glory in Your love and mercy.  All those who plot against me to bring me down are foiled, for Your mighty protection is with with me and mine.  

You are holy and You teach me to be holy.  You are strong and You invite me to lean on You and rely on Your strength.  When I am weak and unable to stand on my own You lift me up and carry me.  I am not afraid.  I laugh in the face of my enemies for I know that You hide me in the shelter of Your wings, close to Your heart.

I needed correction and You did not hesitate to rebuke me.  You detest the proud and the arrogant but You love the simple and the humble.  My children are my joy and they are Your wonderful gifts to me.  I have lost a child and I have discovered the joy of having an abundance of little children bringing gladness to my heart, and the one You have taken away is not lost at all for she lives in You just as I do.

How often my Beloved You have picked me up when I fell down because I was weak or someone stronger took advantage of my frailty and trampled on me.  Instantly Your loving arms gathered me up and steadied me.  You love me in my weakness, You console me in my grief, Your wipe my tears of sorrow.  You laugh with me when I rejoice and You applaud when I am pleasing to You and obey You simply because in this lies my true joy and because I love You and wish You to be pleased with me.

You guard my steps so that I will not perish.  You make the Sacraments available to me to renew, restore and replenish.  You are my God, my King, my Lord, my Savior, my Redeemer and my Beloved.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
---- Mine, you are Mine.  My love for you is more tender, more watchful, more protective and kinder than any mother's could ever be.  Remember this My own, if there is one thing I detest it is a proud heart.  All you have is given to you by a gracious and generous Father.  Acknowledge that all you have, is a gift from the God who loves you. Be humble,  be little, this pleases Me.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Jesus, meek and humble of heart grant me this most precious and most pleasing of all gifts, the gift of true humility which will enable me to recognize myself as I truly am - Your very own little nothing.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment