Monday, November 28, 2011

Luke 10:38-42

Daily Meditation Luke 10:38-42

Luke 10:38-42


38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he entered a village and a woman called Martha welcomed him to her house. 39 She had a sister named Mary who sat down at the Lord’s feet to listen to his words. 40 Martha, meanwhile, was busy with all the serving and finally she said, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do all the serving?”
41 But the Lord answered, “Mar­tha, Martha, you worry and are troubled about many things, 42 whereas only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen the better part, and it will not be taken away from her.”

My Beloved, like Martha I can let busyness take over and feel reluctant to just let go of everything and sit quietly at Your feet.  Sometimes, I am in a rush to 'do' like Martha rather than just 'be' like Mary.

Everything has its rightful place but the times of silence alone with You is necessary.  I must find time everyday to retire into the sanctuary within my soul and be silent in Your Holy Presence.  It is here that You speak to me and assure me that time spent with You is choosing the better part.

In silence alone with You I can hear You speak to me assuring me of Your love, tender mercy and compassion.  Without these daily precious moments spent with You, my soul would suffocate as it would become overwhelmed with my many frailties.  My weakness would gain strength and they would overpower me making it impossible me to find the will to fight against them.  Time spent in prayer will not only be pleasing to You because I have chosen the better part, but it will help to strengthen me to be active in the world in service that is pleasing to You.  All I am and have is Yours, do with me as You will.

No comments:

Post a Comment