Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jeremiah 32:27, 38-41

Daily Meditation:  Jeremiah 32:27, 38-41

Jeremiah 32:27, 38-41

27 “I am the Lord, the God of all humankind. Is there anything impossible for me? 28 38 They will be my people and I shall be their God.
39 I will have them think and act in another way, so that they may always fear me for their own good and the good of their children.
40 I will forge an eternal covenant with them by which I shall never cease to do them good and I shall place my fear in their heart so that they may never turn away from me.
41 I shall rejoice in doing them good and I shall plant them securely in this land with all my heart and soul.”

Lord God, Almighty and Eternal God, You are from everlasting to everlasting and You my Beloved remind me that nothing is impossible for You.  You make springs gush forth from the arid souls.  You bring joy in the midst of tears and You love me even when I sin with the same constancy as always.  You say that I belong to You and I know I do.  You are God and You  have taught me to call Your Father my Abba.  You Beloved Jesus are my Spouse, the Holy Spirit is my Paraclete and my Guide who helps me to love, adore, worship, praise and pray as I ought.

Yes, it is Your Holy Spirit that opens my mind so I can understand and grasp eternal truths.  The wonder of it all my Beloved is that Your promises are not for me alone but flow to all my children as well.  Your covenant is a covenant that lasts through generations.

The fear of the Lord, Scripture tells me, is the beginning of wisdom.  I'd rather  die Beloved before deliberately hurting You.  You have deigned to make a covenant of love with me whereby we You have given Yourself to me and I to You and You rejoice in making such a covenant with my unworthy self.  Wow!  I am nothing and yet You rejoice in doing me good.  Thank You for the assurance of planting me beside You always so that where You are I too may be eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment