Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ephesians 5:8-9

Daily Meditation:  Ephesians 5:8-9


Ephesians 5:8-9

You were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Behave as children of light; the fruits of light are kindness, justice and truth in every form.

Beloved, You are the light of the world, it is your light that takes away the darkness of sin, it reveals sin, it brings to lights that which we would rather hide.  But if I am to please You then I must let the light of Your truth and love shine on me, in me and through me.  Where there is light there is no darkness.  

St. Paul reminds me that I am the light of the Lord.  If I believe this to be true of me my Beloved Lord and my God, then I must behave as a child of light and truth.   The fruits of such a life lived in the Light are kindness, goodness, righteousness and truth.  

Let these be the fruits that are seen in my life always my Lord.

+++++++++++++++

---- Mine the same patience that you expect me to show you, you must show to others.  Bear this in mind always.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Thank You Beloved for reminding me to be slow to judge and quick to make excuses for others.  May I always remember that the same scale that I use to judge my neighbor will You used for me. That is a sobering thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment