Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Romans 2:1-22, Luke 11:42-46, Psalm 62:2-3, 6-7, 9

                                     Psalm 62:2-3, 6-7, 9


My Beloved Jesus thank You for reminding me so succinctly that I have absolutely no business to judge others when I am full of flaws myself.  I can be a sanctimonious prig in weighing the faults, flaws and weaknesses of another.  You advise great caution when I am looking for the speck in my neighbor's eye for I will be judged with the same measure that I use  on others.  My actions will serve to either condemn me or set me aglow with grace.


Luke 11:42-46

My Beloved, no one can be saved from the wrath of Your judgment if we are always finger pointing, expecting more from others than we ourselves are prepared to do, be or give.  Help me to remember that You have no favorites.  All are equal before You.

Psalm 62:2-3, 6-7, 9 

My soul finds rest in God alone;
from him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and salvation;
with him as my stronghold,
I shall not be overcome.
Find rest in God alone, O my soul;
from him comes my hope.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
with him as my stronghold,
I shall not be overcome.
Trust in him at all times, my people;
pour out your hearts before him;
God is our refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment