Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Psalm 143:8-12

Daily Meditation:  Psalm 143:8-12

Psalm 143:8-12

Let the dawn bring me word of your love, for in you alone I put my trust. Show me the way I should walk, for to you I lift up my soul.


My Beloved, like the dawn that gently sets aglow the hem of the horizon until it peaks in the noon day sky, so also Your love stirs to life the  embers that lie hidden under the gray ash until the breath of the Holy Spirit strikes a spark.   The fire begins to blaze and sets alight my being from the very center of my  heart and I radiate  Your glow intense in brilliance.  You light up my life, You set my spirit ablaze with Your Holy Spirit.  The tiny flickering flame of my love enters the fiery furnace of Your Own and there it unites with Yours. 


Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord, for to you I flee for refuge.

My enemies are my fears, my failings, my weaknesses which are legion.  Help me to recognize that with the help of Your Holy Spirit I can weed them out one weakness at a time.  I can do this only with Your help.


 10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your Spirit lead me on a safe path.


Beloved, the only way to please You is to yield always to Your will for me - this is the way to perfection and holiness.  Yes, You are my Lord and my God and I worship, adore and love You with all the fervor of a 'bruised reed' that needs Your help, strength and grace constantly for I am often tempted to believe that I am an oak - which as You know is laughable.

11 Preserve me, O Lord, for your name’s sake; free me from distress, in your justice.

Grant that Your Spirit be my Help, my Guide, my Consoler and my Councillor.  May He abide in me always.  Because I belong to You my Beloved preserve me.  I am not much my Lord but I am Yours.  On my own I can do nothing but with You, in You, reflecting You, imaging You, I can be pleasing to the Father (but I need  help all the time.)  



12 You who are merciful, crush my enemies and destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.


You are merciful Lord, rid me of my vanities which are the cause of all my distress for they will lead to my downfall.  I am Your servant my Beloved.  I am Yours alone.






No comments:

Post a Comment