Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ephesians 2:11-22


Daily Meditation:  Ephesians 2:11-22

Ephesians 2:11-22

My Beloved, I get down on my knees in thanksgiving to the Father for all that He has accomplished for me, a sinner, through You.  So great was the Father's love for me that He did not hesitate to ask You to be the Sacrifice by which You have become the means through which all men are saved and made one in You.  I who was once a stranger, outside the Covenant have been welcomed as a member of God's household.  Peace, that elusive thing that escapes the world even though nations speak it all the time, is possible only in You.  You are the Prince of Peace and all things are reconciled in You.  Your Flesh tore down the walls of division and hatred and made of all peoples one nation, with one Father, one Redeemer, one Holy Spirit - one in the Triune God.  

What dignity we possess my Lord, we who are one body in You.  You have confirmed upon us a dignity that is not possible outside the New Covenant that God has made with those who believe, hope, trust and love You and are baptized and grafted into Your Body. 

You have destroyed hatred and we have been reconciled to God through the instrument of death and shame, the Cross.  Perfect union is found in You.  

Beloved, I belong to God, the foundation of my house is built on the Apostles and the Prophets, with You as the Cornerstone that holds everything together in love and peace.  We are God's holy temple in You.  I am the spiritual sanctuary where my God, the Holy Spirit dwells; each day He makes me stronger and more beautiful  as He helps me to be holy.  I hold invaluable treasure in my heart.  May I do nothing that brings dishonor to my King in whose service I am commissioned.

---- Mine, always keep in mind who you are, your dignity comes from Me whom you represent.  You are called to be my witness at every moment of your life.  Your actions, words and thoughts in your daily dealings with people can either bring me honor or dishonor for you bear My Name.  Always remember that you are called to love and to serve in order to glorify Me.  This is your mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment