Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Matthew 8:5-13

Daily Meditation:  Matthew 8:5-13


Matthew 8:5-13

 5 When Jesus entered Caper­naum, an army captain approached him to ask his help, “Sir, my servant lies sick at home. He is paralyzed and suffers terribly.” Jesus said to him, “I will come and heal him.”
The captain answered, “I am not worthy to have you under my roof. Just give an order and my boy will be healed. For I myself, a junior officer, give orders to my soldiers. And if I say to one: ‘Go,’ he goes, and if I say to another: ‘Come,’ he comes, and to my servant: ‘Do this,’ he does it.”
10 When Jesus heard this he was astonished and said to those who were following him, “I tell you, I have not found such faith in Israel. 11 I say to you, many will come from east and west and sit down with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob at the feast in the kingdom of heaven; 12 but the heirs of the kingdom will be thrown out into the darkness; there they will wail and grind their teeth.”
13 Then Jesus said to the captain, “Go home now. As you believed, so let it be.” And at that moment his servant was healed.

My Beloved, You are always available, it is I who ought to have the faith  and the humility to run to You with all the confidence of a little child who runs headlong into his father's arms, certain that it will be lifted up and comforted.  I ought to have great compassion for those around me who are sick physically or spiritually.  I must be moved with the desire to help, pray and do all I can to help alleviate the suffering.

Faith must make me bold and aware of Your love and power.  I must believe that You will hear and answer.   Aware of the fact that You are God, I must have neither pride nor presumption; what I must have though is the spirit of a child who trusts his father, ever mindful that God knows best and will always act in the best interests of His children.

You too my beloved Lord,  have authority over me.  May I be docile and willing to be commanded by You.  May I be available and ready to do all that You wish me to do always.

---- Mine, be available to Me be ever ready to answer my summons immediately.  Be gladly willing to do all I ask of you always.

With Your help my Beloved, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment