Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mark 9:2-10

Daily Meditation:  Mark 9:2-10

Mark 9:2-10

My Beloved, it is You who call me into an ever deeper relationship with You.  It is an invitation I have not refused.  You take me with You and together we ascend the holy mountain. There You reveal to me who You truly are.  All that Holy Scripture speaks about in the prophets and the law is represented by the presence of Elijah and Moses on Mt. Tabor.  They confirm that the old finds its meaning and its culmination in You who was sent by the Father on a mission of revelation, the revelation of Perfect Love.  Greater love has no man, You said, than this that he lay down his life for his friend.  I have heard the Father speak and affirm that You are His Beloved Son, He wants to give me a share in Your glory and He lets me know how I can receive it.  "Listen to Him," is the Father's advice to me.  

You speak to me all the time.  In creation, in nature, in people, through Sacred Scripture.  You speak most clearly in silence, in the intimacy of every union which I receive You in Holy Communion.  Here I experience Your transfiguration in myself  This is my Tabor moment.  I hold heaven in my heart and after these precious moments when I hold Infinity in my poor soul through grace and in awe, I descend the mountain with You, never alone my Beloved, never alone, always with You.  I must touch the lives of everyone I meet each day with such loving tenderness.  Filled with joy I ought to give joy to all whom I encounter every day.

---- Mine, you  belong to Me.  You love Me and because you do, you are called to imitate Me.  It is because you experience My transforming love every day in the Eucharist, you become the instrument and channel of My Love to everyone.  You have to carry this daily Tabor experience in your heart and take it to others.  Use the gifts of the Holy Spirit and their fruits will become manifest in your life.

My Beloved, help me to look beyond the surface and the obvious.  If I sincerely look for You in my neighbor I will find You and then loving will not be difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment