Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Jonah 3:1-10, Luke 10:38-42, Psalm 130:1-4, 7-8

Daily Mass Readings:  Jonah 3:1-10, Luke 10:38-42, 
                                     Psalm 130:1-4, 7-8

Jonah 3:1-10

Do you see how in Nineveh You Jonah's preaching helped to save a nation?  In like manner you must witness and teach.  You will be heard and I will show mercy and compassion.  Persist, do not get discouraged.  Just be faithful and leave the results to Me.


Luke 10:38-4

Beloved You remind me in these verses that all my actions must be motivated by love alone.  Quite often I get lost in the superficial and forget what is truly necessary.  Love is all that matters.  The time spent in pray and the time spent in service must have love alone as the catalyst.

Psalm 130:1-4, 7-8

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord,
O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears pay attention
to the voice of my supplication.
If you should mark our evil,
O Lord, who could stand?
But with you is forgiveness,
and for that you are revered.
O Israel, hope in the Lord,
for with him is unfailing love
and with him full deliverance.
He will deliver Israel
from all its sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment