Friday, October 21, 2011

Mark 16:15

Daily Meditation:  Mark 16:15


Mark 16:15

15 Then he told them, “Go out to the whole world and proclaim the Good News to all creation.

Beloved, to be a witness, an evangelist, a disciple, is a call to action.  It is not for the fainthearted.  It is a call to love as You do completely and disinterestedly, devoid of self-gratification.  It must be selfless.  The joy of the lover is to desire and seek only the good of the beloved.

To the one who answers Your call to discipleship, You say, "Go out," one has to leave everything behind just as the Apostles did.  Like the Samaritan woman who left her past life behind as she left her water jug at the well of worldly pleasure, so too must we leave all behind and follow You.  There is no turning back or we risk becoming immobile like Lot's wife and we remain ineffective.

The mission field is the entire world and we are asked to step out boldly in Your Name.  The way we live our life must be attractive and pleasing to those who see us.  Our thoughts must be pure, our speech gentle, kind and charitable, our actions loving.  We are called to generosity and love in all that we say and do.

I must be conscious always that I am a daughter of God, sister to the King - I am called to holiness and perfection through grace poured out on me through the Holy Spirit.  From the moment I rise to the time I close y eyes in sleep at night, I am called to preach the Good News in all that I do.  If necessary, I may use words as St. Francis of Assisi advised.

---- Mine, the first thing you need to do is to attain mastery over your flesh.  The three things you have to fight against are the world, the flesh and the devil.  But you must first begin by acquiring mastery over yourself - that is the flesh.  How do you do that?  You do it moment by moment - that is the only way to conquer and curb the cravings of the body.  Remember that the grace of the Holy Spirit is ever present and available so you do not struggle alone.  You can do it moment, by moment by moment.  Once you make it a habit then it becomes much easier to resist the allure of the world and the wiles of the enemy.

Thank You my Beloved.  I know that I am not alone.  You are with me and victory is already mine in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment