Monday, October 24, 2011

Jeremiah 20:9

Daily Meditation:  Jeremiah 20:9



Jeremiah 20:9

Verse 9.....    His Word in my heart becomes like a fire burning deep within my 
                    bones.  I try so hard to hold it in, but I cannot do it.

My Beloved, You are the Word Incarnate made flesh to feed our hunger and strengthen us.  Your Word descends into my heart with the fire of the Holy Spirit and there it burns fiercely within me.  The flames are so great, the fire so strong that I cannot contain its power and grace.  They must burst forth from within me despite my fears and inhibitions.  My desire to obey You and to be Your witness empowers me to spread the fire of Your love in the world.  

This is my mission, to make You known and loved in all the world.  Wherever I am I must carry You within me as a burning fire.  

With Your help and the help of the Spirit I must make known the love of the Father in order that all may glorify Him and praise Him for all that He has accomplished in You for our salvation.


--------------
---- Mine, do you love Me?  True love shows itself in action.  The measure of your love can be gauged by your willingness  and ability to work selflessly in My vineyard in order to make Me known and loved in the world.
--------------
Beloved, my spirit is willing but my flesh is sinful and weak.  I can do nothing on my own.  I even need You to create the desire and will in me for I am unable to do anything on my own.  Help me Lord!!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment