Tuesday, October 18, 2011

2 Timothy 4:10-17, Luke 10:1-9, Psalm 145:10-13, 17-18

Daily Mass Readings2 Timothy 4:10-17, Luke 10:1-9

My Beloved, those who give their lives to You must expect opposition, heartache, disappointments and betrayals.  We must be happy when we are called suffer in some measure like You.  

I know Beloved that I am never alone for You are always with me. Your right hand and Your holy arm upholds me.  Thank You.  Help me through grace, to be totally available and open to all You wish and will for me.

Luke 10:1-9

Beloved, in this Gospel passage You instruct all whom You send as emissaries and ambassadors how they ought to set out and conduct themselves.  There is much to be done Beloved and few are prepared to hear and respond to Your call. The allure of the world proves too great a temptation for many and the way of the Cross is most unattractive and daunting.  The flesh craves immediate satisfaction. Hearing has become dull and hearts hard.  To those who through grace respond, You will provide all that is necessary.

Here I am my Lord.  I am not much but I am all Yours.  Use me for Your purpose and will.



Psalm 145:10-13, 17-18

Your friends make known, O Lord, the glorious splendor of Your Kingdom.

1All your works will give you thanks; all your saints, O Lord, will praise you.
11 They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your power, 12 that all may know of your mighty deeds, your reign and its glorious splendor.
13 Your reign is from age to age; your dominion endures from generation to generation.
The Lord is true to his promises and lets his mercy show in all he does.
17 Righteous is the Lord in all his ways, his mercy shows in all his deeds.
18 He is near those who call on him, who call trustfully upon his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment