Wednesday, September 28, 2011

John 13:16-20

Daily Meditation:  John  13:16-20

John 13:16-20

16 Truly, I say to you, the servant is not greater than his master, nor is the messenger greater than he who sent him. 17 Understand this, and blessed are you if you put it into practice.
18 I am not speaking of you all, because I know the ones I have chosen and the Scripture has to be fulfilled that says, The one who shared my table has risen against me. 19 I tell you this now before it happens, so that when it does happen, you may know that I am He.
20 Truly, I say to you, whoever welcomes the one I send, welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me, wel­comes the One who sent me.”


My Beloved, You use the word ,'truly,' twice in these verses.  This indicates that I have to pay keen attention to the teaching that follows. You are the Master and You have entrusted Your message of salvation to those whom You have chosen.  I am Your servant Beloved, I am also Your messenger.  I am indeed blessed that You have entrusted me not only to serve but to carry the message as well as to witness to it in my life.  The messae is the Good News that all are saved in You and through You.  I am called to be faithful to this mission and You will bless me if I put Your message into practice in my own life first.  That is the most powerful witness of all, for actions speak louder than words.

You have chosen me even before creation to belong to You, to be Your follower and disciple.  I know my destiny.  I am created in love, I am called to love You with all that I am - with my heart, my soul, body and spirit.  Every breath I breathe must glorify You and give You praise, worship,  adoration, thanksgiving and honor.  My lvoe for my neighbor must flow from this love - this is the way I am called to serve and bear witness to the Good news.

Beloved, after this short life here on earth, You will come for me and You will take me home to Yourself for all eternity.  My life with You on earth will be consummated with You in heaven.

Once again You says, 'truly,' if I welcome those You send, I welcome You my Lord and if I welcome You, I welcome God Himself - the Triune God. 

May I always treat Your priests with great respect and love.  in doing so, I prepare myself for the welcome that is awaiting me by You, the Father and the Holy Spirit.  Alleluia!!!!

---- Mine, listen, there are many who are ready to criticize but there are few who are prepared to love.  Remember, I chose people not angels from heaven and everyone has their share of faults and weaknesses and I love them inspite and despite their faults.  You are not called to bludgeon people into a bloody pulp with verbal bashing, You are called to be faithful to My message.  You are called to deliver it in the same Spirit in which I gave it - through My Life, Passion, Death and Resurrection which was all motivated by love.

Thank You my Beloved for choosing me.  Thank You for reminding me that all of us are frail, weak sinners and that You use us despite all this so that all the glory rebounds to You alone who are all deserving of the glory and honor we bestow on You.


No comments:

Post a Comment