Thursday, September 29, 2011

Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14, John 1:47-51, Psalm 138:1-5

Daily Mass Readings:  Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14, John 1:47-51, Psalm 138:1-5

Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14

I looked and saw the following:
Some thrones were set in place and One of Great Age took his seat. His robe was white as snow, his hair white as washed wool. His throne was flames of fire with wheels of blazing fire. 10 A river of fire sprang forth and flowed before him. Thousands upon thousands served him and a countless multitude stood before him.
Those in the tribunal took their seats and opened the book.
13 I continued watching the nocturnal vision:
One like a son of man came on the clouds of heaven. He faced the One of Great Age and was brought into his presence.
14 Dominion, honor and kingship were given him, and all the peoples and nations of every language served him. His dominion is eternal and shall never pass away; his kingdom will never be destroyed.
 
My Beloved, thank You for this glimpse of God and of the eternal.  I am created for heaven.  Grant me all I need my Lord so I will fly home to You when my life here is done.  Now, as St. Paul says, I see dimly then I will see You my glorious God face to face.
 
John 1:47-51

47 When Jesus saw Nathanael coming, he said of him, “Here comes an Israelite, a true one; there is nothing false in him.” 48 Nathanael asked him, “How do you know me?” And Jesus said to him, “Before Philip called you, you were under the fig tree and I saw you.”
49 Nathanael answered, “Master, you are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!” 50 But Jesus replied, “You believe because I said: ‘I saw you under the fig tree.’ But you will see greater things than that.
51 Truly, I say to you, you will see the heavens opened and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.”


Beloved, You know me like You knew Nathaniel even before he ever saw You or knew You.  I have an eternal destiny  with You.  I already have a foretaste of heaven at every Eucharist when I receive You my God. There is no union as perfect as ours  YOU IN ME AND I IN YOU  it will be no different in heaven except there I will behold Your glory.  Now I believe what I know to be true with the eyes of faith.  Thank You.


Psalm 138:1-5

I thank you, O Lord, with all my heart,
for you have heard the word of my lips.
I sing your praise in the presence of the gods.
I bow down towards your holy temple
and give thanks to your name,
for your love and faithfulness,
for your word which exceeds everything.
You answered me when I called;
you restored my soul and made me strong.
O Lord, all kings on earth will give you praise,
when they have heard your words.
They will celebrate the ways of the Lord,
“great is the glory of the Lord!”

My Beloved, my God, I praise You and adore You.  I fall on my face and I worship You O God of infinite goodness and majesty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment