Sunday, September 18, 2011

2 Peter 3:11-14

Daily Meditation:  2 Peter 3:11-14

2 Peter 3:11-14

11 Since all things are to vanish, how holy and religious your way of life must be, 12 as you wait for the Day of God and long for its coming, when the heavens will dissolve in fire and the elements melt away in the heat. 13 We wait for a new heaven and a new earth in which justice reigns, according to God’s promise.
14 Therefore, beloved, as you wait in expectation of this, strive that God may find you rooted in peace, without blemish or fault.


My Beloved, St. Peter advises us to adopt a way of life that seems most difficult to attain as it requires us to gain mastery over ourselves.  This is a daily struggle and an ongoing battle and there are times when it seems I fail miserably.  I am aware that the earth as we  know it is passing and I have to prepare for a life of future glory in union with You.  I am called to be holy and religious in our way of life. 

Everything in the world tends to drag us down instead of lift us up.  There is a constant battle against the world the flesh and the devil.  Often is seems I am fighting a losing battle. Our biggest enemy is sloth.  Often I put up a token resistance which is bound to fail.  To live a life of  heroic virtue is not easy.  You know it for You became as one of us and are aware of the temptations we face.  This is why You provided all that is necessary to give us grace and supernatural strength by giving us Your Own Holy Spirit, the Sacraments, the Church, Scripture and the example of ordinary men and women who lived lives of heroic virtue while facing the same temptations we face.

Beloved, I am already rooted in You through Baptism, I am confirmed in You and I experience total union with You in the Eucharist and I have the opportunity to begin anew in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.  I have a Mother who intercedes for me and I have You Beloved who stands between Your Father and me as You are the only mediator between God and man.  I have no excuse Beloved for not living a holy and religious life as I wait in joyful hope and expectation, without blemish and fault and rooted in the peace that only You can give which surpasses human understanding.  I must desire it and I must work out my salvation with fear and trembling all day every day.  Help me Lord!!!

---- Mine, it is not as hard as you make it out to be.  All you have to do is conquer yourself in the present moment.  All the grace and help you need is available to you and the more you do it the easier it will become.  Good habits are formed over a life time of constant practice.  You must want it and you must be determined to obtain it.  Take the initial step and I will help you take the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment