Sunday, September 18, 2011

Isaiah 55:6-9, Philippians 1:20-24, 27, Matthew 20:1-16, Psalm 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18

Daily Mass Readings:  Isaiah 55:6-9, Philippians 1:20-24, 27, 
                                       Matthew 20:1-16,
                                       Psalm 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18

Philippians 1:20-24, 27

20 I am hopeful, even certain, that I shall not be ashamed. I feel as assured now, as before, that Christ will be exalted through my person, whether I live or die.
21 For to me, living is Christ, and dying is gain. 22 But if I am to go on living, I shall be able to enjoy fruitful labor. Which shall I choose? 23 So I feel torn between the two. I desire greatly to leave this life and to be with Christ, which will be better by far, 24 but it is necessary for you that I remain in this life.

27 Try, then, to adjust your lives according to the Gospel of Christ. May I see it when I come to you, and if I cannot come, may I at least hear that you stand firm in the same spirit, striving to up­hold the faith of the Gospel with one heart.

My Beloved, You are the Way, the Truth and the Life.  I am called to imitate You in all things this is how I  can exalt You in my lay and in my death.  Help me to strive to stay faithful to the end through grace.

Matthew 20:1-16

Beloved grant that I may work zealously in Your vineyard for Your glory alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment