Sunday, September 18, 2011

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Daily Meditation:  1 Corinthians 6:19-20

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, given by God? You belong no longer to yourselves. 20 Remember at what price you have been bought and make your body serve the glory of God.


Beloved, I do know that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.  He lives within me and He is God's gift to me.  He is holy, He is love, He is my Guide, He is my Counselor, my  Paraclete.  He inspires me.  He speaks softly so I must be silent if I wish to hear Him speak for He does not shout or raise His voice.  He is a flame, He sets on fire.  He is the mighty wind of God and He it is who reveals Your to me.  He draws me deep into the Divine Mystery.  He makes me holy - He makes my body holy.  God dwells in me.  He possesses me.  He claims me for Himself.  He teaches me how to be pleasing to God.

Beloved, I need only raise my eyes to a crucifix and see Your Body stretched out and nailed to the Cross, to recall the debt I owe You.  It is a debt of unparalleled love, infinite love.  I am only finite which makes it impossible to give You back love for love.  The way to pleasing You Beloved, is to make my body the instrument by which I serve You for Your glory. This is a daily, uphill battle that I cannot fight on my own.  It is made up of tiny victories and many setbacks.  It is a battle in which I have to rely on the same Holy Spirit whom God has placed within me.  The battle I am called to fight has already been won the Cross, all I need to do is to claim this victory everyday.  My body must glorify God by serving Him in my neighbor.

Help me Lord and grant me grace sufficient for each day.  May I rely on You alone to help me.

---- Mine, remember you are never alone.  You don't fight your battles alone I am with you always and the battle is already won.  Remain in my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment