Sunday, August 28, 2011

John 14:21, Jeremiah 20:7-9, Romans 12:1-2, Matthew 16:21-27, Psalm 63:2-6, 8-9


Daily Meditation:  John 14:21, 

John 14:21

21 Whoever keeps my commandments is the one who loves me. If he loves me, he will also be loved by my Father; I too shall love him and show myself clearly to him.”

My Beloved, it is not enough to say I love You and have good feelings every now and then.  The one who loves You witnesses to that love by obeying You and keeping Your commandment to love both God and neighbour as You have called me to.  If I do my God, Your Father too will love me and He will enable me to see You clearly.

Daily Mass Readings:  Jeremiah 20:7-9, Romans 12:1-2, 
                                       Matthew 16:21-27, Psalm 63-2-6, 8-9

Jeremiah 20:7-9

My Beloved, all Christians are called to be like Jeremiah.  Surrendered and yielded totally to the movement and action of the Holy Spirit in their lives.  We are called not to count the cost of discipleship.  Should I remain silent, let Your Word burn in my heart and being so ferociously that I am compelled to open my mouth and speak it boldly.

Romans 12:1-2

St. Paul tells us in these two verses how to live our lives before You.  Our every breath should rise up as a prayer of adoration and worship to You.

Matthew 16:21-27

Beloved, You came to die and anyone or anything that hindered Your mission, You cast aside.  May it be so for me and for Your Church.  Teach me to accept all that comes to me as coming from Your loving and merciful hands.

Psalm 63-2-6, 8-9

O God, you are my God, it is you I seek;
for you my body longs and my soul thirsts,
as a dry and weary land without water.
Thus have I gazed upon you in the sanctuary,
to see your power and your glory.
Your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
I will bless you as long as I live,
lift up my hands and call on your name.
As with the richest food my soul will feast;
my mouth will praise you with joyful lips.
for you have been my help;
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you,
your right hand upholds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment