Thursday, July 28, 2011

Acts 17:28, Exodus 40:16-21, 34-38, Matthew 13:47-53, Psalm 84:3-6, 8, 11

Daily Meditation:  Acts 17:28, 

Acts 17:28

28 For in him we live and move and have our being, as some of your poets have said: for we too are his offspring. 

My Beloved, in You I live and move and have my being for I am grafted to You and because You are His Son, being one with You am His daughter.  What more could I ask for or want?  The only way I could be separated from You is through serious sin which will cut me off from You and I will wither and die.  My God and my Lord, pour Your grace upon me today and always.  Grant me a greater awareness and sensitivity to sin so that I may never displease You.  Stay with me Lord, please, always!!!

Daily Mass Readings:  Exodus 40:16-21, 34-38, Matthew 13:47-53
                                Psalm 84:3-6, 8, 11

Exodus 40:16-21, 34-38

My Lord, in the desert, Your Holy Presence remained with Your people in the form of a cloud by day and fire by night.  The Ten Commandments were placed in the Arc of the Covenant along with manna and Aron's staff.  The commandments represented Your Son, the Eternal Word and my Beloved, the manna, His Body in the Eucharist, and Aron's staff represented His role as the Eternal High Priest who makes a continual sacrifice of Himself once offered at Calvary along with the sacrifice of our lives, as we celebrate the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass..

Baptized in You I have now become Your holy temple.  You make Your home in me, You dwell in me.  I consume You in the Eucharist and I am assumed into Your Body - this is how I live and move and have my being in You.  Walk with me my Beloved, remain in Me, do not permit me to sin so I may never be separated from You.  With each day that You permit me on earth, bind me ever closer to You, until that day when our union will be perfect and I close my eyes on earth to open them in Your Holy Presence in heaven.  Amen.

Matthew 13:47-53

You are the Kingdom of heaven, the net is Your Word thrown into the world to catch souls.  Only those who are found acceptable will be gathered into You, the rest will be destroyed.  

All those who come to believe in You bring with them all that is good in their past - it is this that leads them into finding You.  Having  found You they
discover the fullness of truth, the flowering and fruit of discovering You  in the Good News of our salvation.  From our treasury of things both old and new, we are  lead us into a deeper knowledge and understanding of who You are and who we are in God's plan of salvation.

Psalm 84:3-6, 11

My soul yearns, pines,
for the courts of the Lord.
My heart and my flesh
cry out for the living God.
Even the sparrow finds a home,
and the swallow a nest
where she may lay her young,
at your altars, O Lord of hosts,
my King and my God!
Happy are those who live in your house,
continually singing your praise!
Happy the pilgrims whom you strengthen,
to make the ascent to you.

11 One day in your courts is better
than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be left at the threshold
in the house of my God
than to dwell in the tents of the wicked.

The prayer of the Psalmist is mine today.  I hunger and thirst for You.  I want to live in Your Presence all my days as I journey towards my eternal home to You.  keep me close to You Lord, one hand under my head the other drawing me close to Your heart.  That's all I ask.  

No comments:

Post a Comment