Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mark 1:35, Exodus 34:29-35, Matthew 13:44-46, Psalm 99:5-7, 9

Daily Meditation:  Mark 1:35

Mark 1:35

35 Very early in the morning, before daylight, Jesus went off to a lonely place where he prayed.

My Beloved, I too come to You early in the morning before daylight.  We are alone and as I spend time with You in prayer, I raise my heart to You.  I sing, praise, worship and adore You.  I offer You myself in a poor exchange for all of You.   I give You my sins, my poverty, my weaknesses, my poor little life in return for the wealth of goodness, mercy, love and compassion that You freely give me in return.

Morning after morning I have come to You my Lord.  How has my coming to You over a period of so many years changed me?  Have I put roots down deep into You?  Am I unshakable in faith?  Is mine an enduring love and does it include a total gift of self in surrender to You?  Have I begun to resemble You even if only very little?  Am I ready to lay down my life in imitation of You.  Is my love a sacrificial love?  How far am I prepared to walk with another for love of You?


Daily Mass Readings:  Exodus 34:29-35, Matthew 13:44-46, 
                                       Psalm 99:5-7, 9
Exodus 34:29-35

Beloved is this Your answer to all the questions I have asked earlier in this first reading of today.  We are told in verse  29 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai, with the two slabs of the Statement in his hands, he was not aware that the skin of his face was radiant after speaking with the Lord. 

Moses was unaware that the skin of his face was radiant.  Is my soul radiant my Lord  after my encounter with You in personal prayer, in Adoration before You in the Monstrance in the chapel, and in every Eucharist that I receive daily?  Do I glow?  Does the treasure that I receive in this pot of clay overflow to everyone I encounter so they too can share in Your riches?

Matthew 13:44-46

Today we read in the Gospel Your parables on the treasure in the field and the pearl of great price.  You are the treasure, You are the pearl of great price.  My life is well lost my Lord if I can have You.  Without You there is no joy.  Without You life loses its savor.  But with You even in the midst of tribulation I know peace if I allow my heart to rest in You.

Psalm 99:5-6, 9

Extol the Lord, our God; worship at his footstool. Holy is he! And mighty!
Among his priests were Moses and Aaron, and Samuel among those who called on his name. They called to the Lord, and he answered them.
Extol the Lord our God; worship at his holy mountain. Holy is the Lord our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment